Adult Outreach Support Service
The Adult Outreach Support Service (AOSS) assists people who are experiencing or are at risk of homelessness and works to access secure and affordable housing.
AOSS provides outreach services to people in their own environment who may be experiencing a range of issues affecting their ability to access and maintain affordable and appropriate housing. These issues may include substance dependency and/or mental health concerns.
The service will help to explore suitable housing options, and can also address other personal matters such as community integration, financial planning and legal support.
AOSS also operates as a referral service to a wide range of agencies for specific personal support needs.
The service is located at the Inner Melbourne Community Hub.
- National Affordable Housing Agreement (NAHA)
- Salvation Army Social Housing Service (Sunshine)
To be eligible for the Adult Outreach Support Service, you must be:
- Over the age of 18
- In need of high level of support
- Reside in public housing, crisis accommodation, community rooming houses, transitional housing or private rental properties
- Experiencing difficulty maintaining current accommodation
- At risk of homelessness
- Socially isolated and lacking family or social support
- In need of assistance to obtain safe secure housing
Referrals come to this service via the three designated access points. These are:
- VincentCare Northern Community Hub on (03) 9314 0100
- Salvation Army Social Housing Service (Sunshine) on (03) 9312 5424
- Homeground on (03) 9288 9611
Address: 195 Flemington Road, North Melbourne, 3051
Phone: (03) 9321 2977